How cool is that? The “black-tailed godwit” can fly for eight days without landing, no need to eat or sleep.
He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint. – Isaiah 40:29-31
Rachel is Dave Ramsey’s daughter so when it comes to budgeting and money ideas, she knows her business 🙂
Check out her Youtube Channel and if you are interested in a good read, get: “Love your life, not theirs” with ideas on how to spend your money well and of course, to save it. Also, one of the main ideas from the book is to be encouraged to love our own life, to be content and not to go crazy after buying things we cannot afford or need, just because others have it.
This is her website: www.rachelcruze.com
It is an honor for us to write about Maytê. A wonderful t-shirt boutique from Brazil that brings a fresh new look for our everyday style with amazing designs, that are feminine and simple at the same time.
The brand is own by Claudia M. Toyama Udo and Mayra Komesu, two creative and smart Brazilian girls that love fashion and created an elegant concept of wearing beautiful t-shirts.
Maytê is charm and simplicity, all in a t-shirt!
Check out their latest designs on their website: http://www.maytestore.com.br
Follow them on Instagram: @maytestore
Remember parenthood is a calling, a beautiful and challenging thing in life. Keep walking with love and faith in our Savior because we are not alone, He is almighty to help all of us to go through every stage.
Let our lives bring Him glory:
- Require a respectful behavior at all times. Teach them that is OK sometimes to disagree but it’s never OK to be disrespectful.
- Instead of boosting self-esteem, teach humility. Fight the cultural imperative to be “awesome”.
- Try not to have screens when you are with your child. Put your cellphone away. No electronic devices at the dinner table. Teach the art of face-to-face conversation.
It is so hard to be grateful sometimes and we know that. We have prepared a small list of things we can thank God for, everyday:
- – Early wakeups? Be thankful for CHILDREN TO LOVE ♥
- – House to clean? Be thankful for having a PLACE TO LIVE.
- – Laundry? Be thankful for having CLOTHES TO WEAR.
- – Dishes to wash? Be thankful for having FOOD TO EAT.
- – Crumbs under the table? Be thankful for having FAMILY MEALS.
- – Grocery shopping? Be thankful for having THE MONEY TO PROVIDE.
- – Toilets to clean? Be thankful for INDOOR PLUMBING.
- Lots of noise? Be thankful for the PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE ♥
There is nothing better than teaching your children the Word of God, and doing so when they are young is even better. It is actually very easy and this is how you can start:
- Pick a Bible verse or a Psalm and have them repeat after you every day, either once a day or twice. With time, they will be able to repeat faster, to know the meaning of the words and to remember.
- Choose short Bible verses to start (there are many options – our favorite one is Psalm 4:8 before bedtime)
- Do not underestimate your little one: I’m teaching my toddler Psalm 23 and every time we repeat it, not only she enjoys pronouncing perfectly after me, but I get to see how she is able to remember some words… their brain capacity is amazing!.
- Print the Bible verses or write them down and hang them somewhere so your little one can see it every day.
- Go at his/her own pace… walk with them, with love, in prayer… enjoy each day and praise God for the blessing of being a mom :).
“She reads truth” is a great application for your phone that helps you to keep reading your Bible and studying God’s word in a simple way. You just have to download the app from the online store and it’s ready.
Some of the Bible studies are for free and overall you’ll get so many options, such as:
- The Bible in a year
- Women in the word// New Testament // Old Testament
- Advent: Born is the king
- Psalms fo gratitude
And so much more!
Whether you download this amazing app or just open your Bible and grab a notebook and write your prayers and everything you learn, remember to have that time everyday ♥
You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. – Psalm 16:11